Ice Tube Clock - schematics?

Get help with your Nuts & Volts projects or Kits purchased from Nuts & Volts here.
Volter

Ice Tube Clock - schematics?

Post by Volter »

Finally I got the time to open the “Ice Tube Clock” kit from Adafruit Industries just to find out there is NO schematic! When I go to their web site the files that they provide are incompatible to anything that I got on my system!? Is it that difficult to provide unusual formats with the design and etc. when offering electronic kits?
And it seems like I cannot find anything on the N&V portal as well!?
Would someone know or have the “Ice Tube Clock” schematics in daily English? PDF would be fine.
Thanks much.
:mrgreen:
CeaSaR

Re: Ice Tube Clock - schematics?

Post by CeaSaR »

Volter,

Is this site the one that shows the clock? If so, the second paragraph underneath the bulleted list has the links
to both the construction website and the power supply website. The power supply site has everything on that page.
The construction site has a link on the side that says DOWNLOADS. On that page, the first set of links are for 1) the
schematic in .PNG format, 2) schematic and board layout in Eagle CAD and 3) the enclosure in SVG format.

You should be able to open the .PNG just by clicking on it. Windows will read it just fine.

You'll need Eagle CAD in order to read the next 2 files.

I don't know, offhand, what a SVG file is.

Hope that helps,

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
Volter

Post by Volter »

Actually I found the schematic file the .PNG file, windows has its own way to store files in locations that it believes it should be there instead in that one place where I can find it and sort it by myself. Hopefully I won’t need this one: “icetubev1.brd” and the other.
Thanks much.
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

You can always right-click the link and select "Save Target As..." and you can select where to save it yourself.
Works a heck of a lot more logically than Windoze.

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?
Volter

Post by Volter »

Occasionally the Wins does store the files where I need it them to be BUT it is much simpler if it would store in one place without any right clicking and selecting the directory. It is good for backups and everything else, would that be even more logically correct too? :arrow: :!: