300 watt SSB for PICs

List your items for sale, trade, or give away here.
Private party only - NO commercial ads allowed
Clyde Crashkop

300 watt SSB for PICs

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

What I have:
SEA 300 Watt HF Single Side Band radio telephone by DataMarine. (out of business) It was replaced because it was "broken". Bear in mind that the technician that said it was "broken" sold the man a new multi-thousand dollar unit.
SEA 330 controller head with LCD and transceiver. This came on and looked OK.
SEA 1630 300 watt automatic antenna tuner & coupler. 2MHz to 25MHz, needs a 25 to 75 foot antenna. The book says it will also operate "stand alone" or with the 322 control head that I also have but it is weathered from being mounted outside and is not pretty.
SEA telephone handset and cradle.
AT&T radio telephone unit SN 000004382. Handset with key pad & display and RS232 interface box. Cables are still wired to the transceiver. This came on and asked for a number. This is an add on accessory.
The manuals for all of the SEA stuff include diagnostics, complete schematics, component lists and PCB patterns. Just a "fingertip guide" for the AT&T unit.

What I want:
All of your old PIC stuff that you used to learn and is gathering dust since you advanced to where you are now and where I want to be. I learn best from example. I need programmable and reprogrammable PICs, programmer, UV eraser, GUI, assembler, compiler and a copy of all the source code and info you have gathered for them. I need 1 with serial in and at least 1 that includes an LCD. Maybe this will give you an excuse to buy that new programmer you want.
And you pay for 68 pounds of freight from N. Palm Bch. FL. plus boxes. 4 pounds of that is books.
If you need any more info, I can look it up for you.

Clyde Crashkop

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

Never mind the trade. I ordered a Parallel port programmer and 16F628 chips. So anyone interested, make an offer.
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Is the radio on a fixed frequency or band of channels like a cell phone or can it be tuned like a ham radio? Is there a selection for USB/LSB/AM or just SSB with no prevision for Upper and Lower?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Clyde Crashkop

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

This is a 1994 unit. The assembly looks pretty specific but will do NECODE scanning, voice and telex without modification. They don’t say USB/LSB/AM.
The SEA 1630 300 watt automatic antenna tuner & coupler uses a 68HC705C8FN CPU, will operate in stand alone at 1.6 to 30.0 MHz. Maybe this is a clue about the automatic antenna tuner: stand alone mode requires the radio’s PTT line be connected to the SEA 1630 PTT terminal. Then you get an ALL TUNED flag on pin 8 of P1 connector.
Clyde Crashkop

Post by Clyde Crashkop »

I found a good home for that SSB. A neighbor walking past offered me a tiny floor jack because he got a big one for Christmas. Noticing his 75’ or better ham antenna, I asked if he wanted a broken SSB. He said his hobby is fixing radios and was happy as hell to get it. So it looks like I have a new electronics buddy as well.