old Pop electronics &radio now

List your items for sale, trade, or give away here.
Private party only - NO commercial ads allowed
yusha

old Pop electronics &radio now

Post by yusha »

I have 15 years of back date POPULAR ELECTRNIC AND RADIO NOW magazines.Most are complete years and in good conditin.Also 10 years of Circuit cellar magazines.What offers?.
Thanks
phillipmilks

RadioNow, CircuitCellar & P-E back issues

Post by phillipmilks »

How about $50 ?
Lenp

Pop Tronics, issue #1

Post by Lenp »

I have the FIRST ISSUE of Popular Electronics and I'll take NO OFFERS !:(

Yes, I do remember Carl and Jerry.......do you?

Len
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Carl & Jerry -- My first introduction to electronics. This is what actually spurned my interest for a lifelong career. There problems and trouble shooting. God but I miss them!
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

A neighbor gave me a stack of his old magazines when I was a kid. The Pop' Tronics Carl and Jerry were great. Some highlights I recall reading:

Carl and Jerry setup an underwater microphone and wind up with a cat

Carl and Jerry work on building an oscillator that runs on a battery made of coins and salty spit. It saves their lives when they get trapped in the basement of the school and they are able to send a Morse Code signal using the device.

They play with a Geiger counter and think they've discovered uranium.

They play with diathermy using their ham radio. They experiment on their cat.

The go to college and "discover" the school has a nuclear plant in one of the buildings. They can look through a window and see the control rods going up and down. A custodian informs them all they are looking at is the cables to an elevator.

They play a prank at college by putting a speaker inside a mailbox and run the wires up to their dorm room. Of course they get caught.

They make a girl detector.

They make a spy ear for the local mall Santa so Santa will know the kids names when they walk up to him.

They make a spectacular electric show for a teacher trying to demonstrate static electricity with outdated unworking equipment.

There are probably many more but I cannot think of them.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!