Pill Timers -- Dec 2011 -- Creating Eagle Files, Help Needed

BobCochran13

Pill Timers -- Dec 2011 -- Creating Eagle Files, Help Needed

Post by BobCochran13 »

I am quite interested in the pill timer circuit that appears in the December 2011 issue, and the circuit looks simple enough for me to use it to help me learn how to make Eagle files and have my own boards made. I am just learning Eagle. This will be my first PCB design project.

I'm working on the Eagle schematic and using Figure 1 in Mr. Lyman's article to guide me. Perhaps someone can kindly answer my questions.

1. In Eagle, how do I show a through-hole on the PCB which is named "LOAD"?

2. Is the "GND" symbol in Eagle the same as the ground symbols shown in the article's Figure 1?

3. In the article's Figure 1, pin 5 of the PIC10F200 is shown connected to +5v. How do I show this in Eagle?

4. How do I represent JP1 in Eagle? I may be misreading Figure 1, but these are surface mount pads, is that correct? The author mentions wanting the lower pad to become a through-hole that could be connected to 10F200 pin 6 (GP3) as an input.

5. In the "lite" edition of Eagle version 6, how do I define the size of the actual circuit board?

Thanks

Bob
BobCochran13

Re: Pill Timers -- Dec 2011 -- Creating Eagle Files, Help Ne

Post by BobCochran13 »

I think I need to specify the Eagle "WIREPAD" parts for the "LOAD" through-holes in Figure 1 of the article. Power connections are Eagle "VDD" parts and ground connections are Eagle "GND" parts. I am not sure how to represent JP1 of Figure 1 on my Eagle Schematic. As a guess, I am using two different Eagle "WIREPADSMD" parts: one is SMD, and the other appears to be an SMD through-hole. I have read two tutorials explaining how to create Eagle files. Both are based on through-hole parts but they do answer some other questions like how to set the board size.

Bob