Pill timer board.

apburner

Pill timer board.

Post by apburner »

So i get the December issue and there on the front cover is a project for the 10f200. Well last week I had seen these little gems and thought I should be able to come up with some really good uses for them. So I bout 10 of the 10f206's mostly because the cost difference with the 200 is insignificant but also because there is more memory room to spread out in. I love you little board but do wish you has given us the eagle layout files too. I would like to try my have as making these with the laser print method but I have found that that program does not print very dark. Is there any way to get those in eagle file format or as a PDF or something that can be printed darkly. Also I have been unable to log into the December issue digitally though Nov and back works great. So I can't even get the express PCB files.
Thanks to everybody for making a great magazine from a loyal subscriber for many years.
Steve
apburner

Re: Pill timer board.

Post by apburner »

OK after a little research I have found that if I print the file out to PDF as high a resolution as I can then I got a PDF to BMP free converter and converted at 600DPI I find that I can now print out the board using paint shop pro7 and it will be dark enough to do what I need. I can also mirror it. I added some vias to the board so I can drill them with tiny drill bit and run 30 gauge jumpers to eliminate the bottom side of the board.
BobCochran13

Post by BobCochran13 »

In the article the author states he would like some of the through holes for the board to be just a little larger. Would it be easy to modify the ExpressPCB layouts to accomplish this?

Thanks

Bob Cochran
apburner

Post by apburner »

it would be easy to do that. though some of them are kinda tight to begin with. But if he had made the files available in eagle format I would have considered getting some of these boards made. I don't need 75 of them however and don't need to spend $75 for boards I can get made a whole lot cheaper thru some other services and groups.
Steve