Used test equipment in New Orleans area

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
rodd

Used test equipment in New Orleans area

Post by rodd »

Hi,
I will be staying in New Orleans from Oct 6 to Oct 10.
Since my hobby is electronics and I do not live in US, I thought it would be a good oportunity to buy used test equipment while I am there.
I serched the internet for hours and could not find any flea market or store in that area.
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.
Regards,
R.Oddone
haklesup

Re: Used test equipment in New Orleans area

Post by haklesup »

New orleans is not the first place I think of when asked about high tech or electronics. In fact it may be among the worst places to look given its tourist status. However, if your looking for cooking tips or a BBQ recipe, your going to the right place<p>In any case, I turned up a few places. Go to www.yellowbook.com and enter LA as the state and Electronics as the category, I got even more by entering "surplus" then selecting Computer and electronics. It dosen't break it down enough to know if any are electronics surplus stores but there did seem to be a few possibilities like "Radio parts inc." You can call them to screen them out when you get there. If you can find one knowledgable local person on the phone, he may be able to fill you in on the details you crave.<p>Have fun there!
Chris
Edd

Post by Edd »

Rogerio:
In Brazil, Portugal ????
What you might do is contact this URL and W5UK (Amateur Radio Operator) (HAM) at the Greater New Orleans Am Radio Club and make your inquiry of him. He should probably know of all people already knowledgeable of info of surplus/equipment in that area.<p>http://www.qsl.net/w5uk <p>
BTW I was unsuccessful in the scanning of an article for you some time back due to the complexity of its schematics and associated digital trash that it threw in. It was of an article in Electronics World on a Curve Tracer. Hit me with your visiting ID accommodations and I will send a Xerox copy of it to that adde via mail. <p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

LIMA Ohio isnt that far away? <p>World famous ..."fair radio sales" best used and milatary surplus equip since 1945.