P.C.Board design

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Bern

Re: P.C.Board design

Post by Bern »

Hey guys, keep it coming. All the comments and information you are providing is very good, and informative. I read every reply, and get a little more assurance that I will find the best approach for my needs. Thanks to all.
Bern

Post by Bern »

Hey guys, keep it coming. All the comments and information you are providing is very good, and informative. I read every reply, and get a little more assurance that I will find the best approach for my needs. Thanks to all.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm working on a page for my website www.aloofhosting.com/electronet/ that is a step-by-step with pictures and all on how to create pcb from a picture on the computer screen to the actual board. Both of my computers had died a couple of weeks ago, so I got to get around to fnding the backup with the website on it, and then reinstalling dreamweaver so I'm hoping to have it done in a couple of weeks???
Lin Farquhar

Post by Lin Farquhar »

Re cutting fibreglass PCB, I use 5" metal cut-off discs in an angle grinder. These discs are only 1MM thick and I also use em for cutting stainless steel, they're tough! Inox is the brand commonly available here in Oz.
Sorry if this seems like a smartarse reply, but consider it. A little ingenuity jigging up with some plywood and a cheap circular saw or angle grinder produces great results, with minimal cleanup required.
Oh yer, any injuries inflicted are self-cauterizing, be careful tho :)