LED Flashlight

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
JimGodfrey

LED Flashlight

Post by JimGodfrey »

Hi.
There was an article earlier this year about LED flashlights. I downloaded the files but don't know what to do with them to view them. bin and hex files. I have read the article on line but there are no schematics to view. Anyone help here? Thans.
Jim G
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

I am pretty poor with computers. But I and others can give advice pertaining to LED flashlights if you have any specific things that you are wondering about.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hi Jim,

If you could post some info like a schematic or other notes or perhaps
a link we could take a look. It's hard to know what you are talking
about otherwise.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Hi Jim,

Those asm, bin, and hex files are files that are used to program a microcontroller. The ASM file is the code in Assembly Language and can be viewed in any text editor such as Notepad.

Viewing the bin and hex files won't help you with anything as they are not really readable anyways (as far as making sense of what's inside).

Craig
Bigglez

Re: LED Flashlight

Post by Bigglez »

Bump! Bump!
Check your inbox, I sent you a PM on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:53 am
JimGodfrey wrote:Hi.
There was an article earlier this year about LED flashlights. I downloaded the files but don't know what to do with them to view them. bin and hex files. I have read the article on line but there are no schematics to view. Anyone help here? Thans.
Jim G