ISD 1760 Standalone

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
vidi0816

ISD 1760 Standalone

Post by vidi0816 »

I use ISD 1760 with standalone mode, but i want use it like ISD series before like ISD25xx. With ISD25xx i can make standalone mode and automatic running.

Auto running which i mean is : when i give power supply to these ICs, the circuit can run directly playing one message and then stop although the supply still on. when supply goes off, all system will shutdown of course :smile:

When i give the ISD25xx circuit with supply, they will run same like above, without any push button works!

How to create like this on ISD1760, because ISD25xx not produce again. Please help me for your experience or any information .

I'll wait ASAP!

Thank You very much.

Adi :cry:
sghioto

Post by sghioto »

Adi,
I have used the 1760 and the 2560 in the "stand alone" operation, so have some experience with these chips. All you need to do is pulse the play line low when power is applied. This TLC555 one shot timer should do the trick. Power the 555 with the ISD1760 supply.

Cheers,
Steve G.
vidi0816

standalone mode

Post by vidi0816 »

Dear Mr.Steve,

I understand with your idea, that's circuit can replace with Single Shot IC (74121, sorry i little forget :shock: ). But unfortunely, i can't give an additional circuit because my box case suit just for this chips.

is that so Different with ISD25xx ? because ISD25xx can reduce much component being a small box case, and getting more cheaper too.

Although 555 very difficult to set as timer because C and R combination , is your circuit for single shot, can work very good ? I mean, your 555 can running or give truly one shot or single shot, not multiple shot when power still online ?? If your circuit running well, maybe i can take a risk to add component on our application.

Thank You.

Regards,

Adi P.Nugroho

sghioto wrote:Adi,
I have used the 1760 and the 2560 in the "stand alone" operation, so have some experience with these chips. All you need to do is pulse the play line low when power is applied. This TLC555 one shot timer should do the trick. Power the 555 with the ISD1760 supply.

Cheers,
Steve G.
:shock:
vidi0816

stand alone

Post by vidi0816 »

Your IC is TLC555, that's different with NE555 ??? Because in our country, we not sold TLC555.

Thank You

Adi
sghioto wrote:Adi,

Cheers,
Steve G.
sghioto

Post by sghioto »

The output of the 555 goes low for about .1 seconds when power is applied. After that it stays high until the power is removed and the circuit resets. So yes it is a single shot.
The TLC555 is the cmos version of the NE555. You can use the NE555 in this circuit as well.
You can also try just connecting a capacitor and resistor to the play line as in the circuit below.

Steve G.