Uniden fm radio

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Alan87I

Uniden fm radio

Post by Alan87I »

I have a old uniden AMU 150K mobile radio. I think it was out of a taxi. It is transmitting at 457.xxxx MHz I would like to change the Xtals to work it simplex on 458.6625 MHz . So I can use it with some Gmrs handhelds I have . I'm jumping only around 1 Mhz higher Will the radio need a total RX alignment . Cause I don't have the specks or enough experince to wing it . + I will have to order the Xtals . I was thinking of west crystal in Edmonton Canada. round 20 bucks each ?
Thanks for any help. Alan
moe

Re: Uniden fm radio

Post by moe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Allan:
I have a old uniden AMU 150K mobile radio. I think it was out of a taxi. It is transmitting at 457.xxxx MHz I would like to change the Xtals to work it simplex on 458.6625 MHz . So I can use it with some Gmrs handhelds I have . I'm jumping only around 1 Mhz higher Will the radio need a total RX alignment . Cause I don't have the specks or enough experince to wing it . + I will have to order the Xtals . I was thinking of west crystal in Edmonton Canada. round 20 bucks each ?
Thanks for any help. Alan
<hr></blockquote>
I have a Uniden SMU Model it has to be programed through the microphone cable check to make sure that it uses crystals
Moe
russlk

Re: Uniden fm radio

Post by russlk »

If you change the transmitter crystal and the receiver oscillator crystal, it should work after the transmitter is retuned. The RF stage of the receiver may or may not need tuning. You realize, of course, that this is totally illegal.