2000 Watt Inverter Question

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jwax

Post by jwax »

If you do indeed have 100-200 amps available, why not skip the messy plumbing and go all Peltier? Unless the OP is in like, Arizona.
WA2RBA
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

:cry: yes you did for your design
Dale Y
Electronic Tek

Post by Electronic Tek »

I want to, Thank You all for your input. I really appreciate it. When your in the middle of the project sometimes, it’s best to get outsiders valued views. I have considered dyarker’s idea about going to the junk yard for a 2002 condenser. It will work in my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix. There is no way I can place a 200 watt Alternator on this car without damaging the PCM. Once again Thanks for all your advice and input. I do value your input, and idea’s. This summer heat can get to your Thinking lol.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i built me a sort of air conditioner this summer, it was basically a condenser coil with a fan on it, a 40Qt. cooler, a live well circulating pump,and all the free ice i ever want..

it basically circulates the ice water thru the coils, and and back into the cooler,the fan blows the cool air out, its a pretty nifty idea, draws about 6 amps, and i can just plug it into my cigarette lighter, and the cooler is in the back of the car,
on a 90F+ day the car can cool down to about 65F, and the ice will last about 2 hrs of constant use. my little car wasn't equipt with A/C even if it did, the unit would probably stall the little engine..lol
so this is a easy remedy... total cost for me to built it was about 40.00
the condenser coil was off of a old jap. car.

if anyones interested in this project, let me know, i'll share it with you..