a micro sidereal clock?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
DAVID

a micro sidereal clock?

Post by DAVID »

Hi!
I looking for general info and ideas- no one has to design anything for me- on the best micro to use for a sidereal clock. Specifically I need recommendations and code for the PIC family, and the AVR family.
I looked extensively on the internet, but no one seem to have concrete opinions on which micro is the best.
Sidereal time is explained here-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_clock

thanks for any answers to this post!!
:grin:
Engineer1138

Post by Engineer1138 »

That's because there is no such thing as the "best" micro. It's all a matter of what you need to do with it. For a project like this, either one would be fine, but as an AVR guy, I'd say go with that one :-)
philba

Post by philba »

google for a regular clock project. Then tweak it to count the number seconds in a sidereal day. I'm not sure how you want to display it - that's up to you.

And, yes, no such thing as the best micro. That's like saying you want to buy the best car with no other qualifiers.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hi,

I'd like to know what the intended end use is for a clock like this?
What is there something like 8ms difference per day or something like
that?
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

One of the applications is astronomy. Sidereal noon references a point outside the solar system (ideally infinite) so after one sidereal day, we're once again in a good position to view an extrasolar body.
DAVID

micro sideral clock?

Post by DAVID »

I'll go with phiba's post. The hard [art will be tweaking the software to display it on a LED Display. More infor later if I'm successful!!
:???: