My moment of fame!

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Sambuchi

My moment of fame!

Post by Sambuchi »

I recently shared a project that I completed on the Hacked Gadgets Forum...

It was the "Ford Ranger MP3 Radio aux Input mod" that I discussed here.. where I received some input.

Alan Parekh, the site admin for HG, posted my project as a featured article!

http://hackedgadgets.com/

I am thrilled to say the least.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Go check it out!

You can look at my projects here www.sambuchi.net
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

Excellent Tony! Having a project published is always a good feeling, huh?
Kudos

Bob :grin:
Yerry

Post by Yerry »

Wow. . . A project that 1) interests me, 2) uses stuff I have, and 3) I can afford to do.

Gotta be a rule against that, right? especially #2-- so many times a project requires you to write to some place in Australia that has the last 2000 ever made.

Really nice job on BOTH the project and the webpage.
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

Bob and Yerry thanks for your kind comments.

I have never been published before nor have I tried... but seeing something that you have done being recognized in this manner is something great! I can hope this wont be the last time my work will be put under the spotlight... its an awesome feeling.

Thanks again...

well...

moving on!

:D :D :D

You can look at my projects here www.sambuchi.net
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Good job Sambuchi. Nuts and Volts was the first magazine I was published in many years ago. To see my name in actual print and realize thousands of people would potentially read my information was thrilling. It changed my writing style and attitude to know that what I wrote was something more than a teacher would be reading.

You did an excellent job on the project. I did this last spring in my Suburban using the cassette connections. There were several models of this same radio and the cassette player was an "add on" module. Instead of a switch I used a five pin "auto disconnect" 3.5mm jack similar this:
http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/item/ ... tereo-Jack

I have to use a male to male 3.5mm cable to connect a CD player or MP3 but that is not a big deal. Pulling the plug out of the jack restores normal cassette operation.

Much like your Ford, the GM player did not have enough room in the face plate for me to mount the jack. My cable is in the same location as yours! The only drawback I have is I must play a cassette to "trick" the radio in switching over to the cassette inputs. What did you do to trick the radio into playing the CD player?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Congratulations, Sambuchi! I can attest to the good feeling gotten from other people acknowledging your accomplishment!
Michael Kaudze
Site Admin

Post by Michael Kaudze »

http://hackedgadgets.com/2008/02/18/for ... input-mod/

Here's a direct link to Sams Article!
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen William Hawking.