tv repair question

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

tv repair question

Post by dacflyer »

i got a panasonic tv here kicking my butt,, its something simple but i cannot find the bad cap...<p>tv is a model ct-27sir or s1r?<p>anway... i got severe foldover at top of screen.. replaced a few suspect caps,, still no good...
anyone know which one it is?
usually older set had a low Uf and a high volt rating... i cannot find such of one in this set
please advise,,
dacflyer

Re: tv repair question

Post by dacflyer »

heres some more... is it possible that the vertical amp could be causing the foldover?
i have replaced every cap in the area of this ic...what gives,, never had a tv kick my butt like this before,,,<p>also, is there a tv repair forum thats free? or are they all pay sites?
Edd

Post by Edd »

Dacflyer de Jetflyer:<p>Vell..vell..vell now............seems like we all want to save your little buttinski !
As per your query on the Punysonic 27S1R..circa '93. Considering that you are sure of
the LA7836 and its associated caps, (particularly the C455-100ufd) pump up cap and
that chips support caps have either been replaced or ESR'D. Why not move over to a
ancillary portion of the associated vert circuitry that you might not have suspected.
E.G.,the acl circuitry of IC 101/AN5163 and the two, Q451 and q452, vert blnk xstrs.
Seems that circuitry gets its B+ from a sweep derived supply off pin 1 of the fly and
I think that by failure analysis you are going to find that the 225v filter cap,C555-(100ufd@250vdc)*** has been hammered by those recurrent 15,750's squares and
has ESR'd down to the tenths of ufd's in value now.
Addenda:*** C555 (22ufd@250vdc) alternate value also.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ............(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)<p>[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

hey ed...nice to see you again...still waiting for the rest of them high voltage caps. :)
also...i replaced all the caps i could fine..found out the vert chip was actually flakey.even tho it was new... i replaced it a 2nd time and all is fine now...thank friend !