Schematic software

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
connect21

Schematic software

Post by connect21 »

I am looking for an inexpensive software to draw electronic diagram, if it has a printed circuit design feature would be even better and if it had a simulation feature would be great.
I was using "Advanced Schematic" and "Advanced PCB Design"from Protel and I like it but "Advanced Schematic" crashed a lot and now on my newer computer, it crashes every single time I open it, so the only thing I can do with it now is to look at the diagram that I already made, I can't make any modification to it, that when it crashes, too bad, now that I was getting good with it.
Thanks
philba

Re: Schematic software

Post by philba »

check out eagle - cadsoftusa.com
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm suprised it doesn't work on your new computer.

Theres no excuse for a program that expensive and popular to not support new O/S's. I'd definately contact Protel and ask them whats going on. I'm sure they can tell you how to fix it, rather than wasting more money or going to the more basic system of Eagle.
Bern

Post by Bern »

For small projects, I use expresspcb.com and am very pleased with them. They also do a good job on their ($51.00 for three boards) I have some laying next to me, right now that just came in.
connect21

Post by connect21 »

It's not a new Software, it is over 10 years old, it was given to me by the PCB supplier I was dealing with back then, but it's mostly the schematic part I would like to work, the PCB software works perfect.

Thanks