Introduction

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
HighFrequency

Introduction

Post by HighFrequency »

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike, and I'm in an Electronics Engineering program, ans we just started into programming Microcontrollers. In this course we will be covering the 16F628A, and 16F877A. I imagine I will have questions from time to time, and I know forums are great places to get info.<p>Anyhow, I look forward to interacting with you, and gleaning information. Good bye for now.
There is only one correct answer, mine.
terri

Re: Introduction

Post by terri »

Welcome.<p>Your tagline sounds like a former teacher of mine.<p>HIM: "What'e the boiling point of water?"<p>ME:
(A) "373 K."
(B) "Wherever its vapor pressure equals the ambient pressure."
(C) "Depends on the concentration of any solutes."<p>HIM: "WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! It's 212 degrees Fahrenheit, stupid!"<p>ME: "Hm. Oh, well. Another 'F' for Terri."<p>And I am the center of the Observable Universe. :)
terri wd0edw
kengwee

Post by kengwee »

Hi!! welcome, im new to dis web site oso. hope we can help each other out in future!! cya!! :p
bridgen

Post by bridgen »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>It's 212 degrees Fahrenheit<hr></blockquote><p>... at standard atmospheric pressure.
jwax

Post by jwax »

with no solutes.
WA2RBA
terri

Post by terri »

jwax and David Bridgen:<p>All as my "wrong" answers B and C indicated. <p>There's also a slight difference for higher concentrations of deuterium and tritium oxides, but that comes under C.<p>[ April 21, 2005: Message edited by: terri ]</p>
terri wd0edw
jwax

Post by jwax »

terri- What would your teacher have said when the thermometer read above 212 F, at standard pressure, in pure water, in a clean glass, in a microwave oven, without boiling?
Now there's a relavant question!
:D
WA2RBA