Popular Electronics Magazine

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
zap101

Thanks Steven

Post by zap101 »

Hey thanks Steven...I checked the webpage, and it is exactly the same as the 1962 article...
Craig Kendrick Sellen

NEED POPULAR ELECTRONICS JUNE 1962 PAGE 53, ON

Post by Craig Kendrick Sellen »

HELP, HELP, HELP, NEED POPULAR ELECTRONICS JUNE 1962 STARTS ON PAGE 53, TILL END. (BUILD THE SSB SIDE-BANDER). NEED PHOTOCOPYS OR POST IT. :sad:
jwax

Re: Popular Electronics Magazine

Post by jwax »

Reviving an old post-
Has anybody built one of these electromagnets?
I am, and have questions, but cannot contact the original publishers, either the PE author, Walter B. Ford, or Leonard R. Crow. Odd that both claim to be authors of the exact same project. The Crow article was published in 1951.
We must have learned some improvements in 62 years!
John
WA2RBA
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

I think that Larry Steckler holds all the copyrights to Popular Electronics, Radio-Electronics, Electronics Now, Computers & Electronics, Poptronics and Hands-On Electronics. Gernsback Publishing (which Larry owns) either started some of these, revived dead titles or bought the magazine from another publisher. Gernsback went out of business with the January 2003 issue of Poptronics. Considering that the authors from the magazines' heyday are either old (e.g., Don Lancaster) or dead (e.g., Ed Roberts), it's not likely that you'll be able to contact any authors from the 1950s without a good, rousing seance.
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Thanks Dean. I'm still hoping to find somebody that has dabbled in electromagnetism with a project similar to this one, without resorting to a seance.
Then again, maybe a seance would be easier to get working than developing a full understanding of electromagnetism. :)
John
WA2RBA