Acct.

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
positronicle

Acct.

Post by positronicle »

--Edited by Positronicle--
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

You might be able to access your profile and "update" it to blank information.

You may need to ask a moderator to delete it for you.

Simply log out and never log back in again.

But don't delete your account and go away. Log out and take a break. If you don't come back, it is a loss. If you change your mind later, you simply need to log back in again.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Positronicle
Don't leave because of one fools wild replys. This just happens periodically and is one of those little nuisances in life. I think we have maybe lost a couple of valuable members in the past and I worry that we may lose some in the future. We will just have to scroll by posts that we consider worthless and go on to more sensible discussions, which is the reason most of us joined the forum to begin with.
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hi again,

Many people have strong opionions about certain topics and they
wont be swayed by any reasonable line of dialog, ever. This is
something that could occur anywhere, not just online. The only
way to deal with it is to recognize it and deal with it. Everyone
has their own opinion and if everyone was banned that would leave
nobody.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
philba

Post by philba »

positronicle, check out electro tech. While there are fools there too, they don't get very far. There aren't many bannings but the threat is sufficient yo end the problem. As a consequence, it has a much higher SNR.

Al, I have to disagree with one point. In person, this sort of thing is quickly dealt with. A truly disruptive person is quickly removed from your social or professional circle. Yes, at work we all have difficult people but there is a degree of social control that is simply missing from the forums.

edit: oh yeah. I think this pretty much sums up the heart of the problem http://www.penny-arcade.com/docs/internetdickwad.jpg
MicroRem

Post by MicroRem »

I understand the frustration. Reminds of of the old movie "War Games" with Mathew Broderick and Ally Sheedy. "The only winning moves is not to play"

I generally avoid trying to ask questions or input much because I don't want to spin up the troll.

regards

Tom
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

MicroRem wrote:I understand the frustration. Reminds of of the old movie "War Games" with Mathew Broderick and Ally Sheedy. "The only winning moves is not to play"

I generally avoid trying to ask questions or input much because I don't want to spin up the troll.

regards

Tom
Three times in one week; "The only winning move is not to play."

* I watched War Games earlier this week
* I put a CATS GAME of Tick Tack Toe on the office white board and the above quote
* MicroRem posts it here
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!