Question about Projection television lamps?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
marina_meggy

Question about Projection television lamps?

Post by marina_meggy »

How long will the lamps die out? And can I pick up a replacement lamp at my local best buy store or circuit city, or do I have to go to their official website and buy it from them?
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

Bite me
charistian

Post by charistian »

I don’t know much more but I think life depends on how much TV you watch per day and also it depend on lamp quality. I bought a Philips original projection lamp 2 years ago from a website called www.discount-merchant.com. Its really amazing work and believe me I have no problem yet. So I would recommend for Philips original lamps. Thanks!
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

3000 to 5000 hours per lamp. Price about $250 to $750. Good luck finding them local. You will probably have to mail order them. What brand and model set do you have?

Try these guys:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

Jolly this isn't a real post. They're just trying to get their site attention by posting questions and letting themselves talk about how great they are.
jwax

Post by jwax »

I'll never buy from them because of the crappy way they appeared here!
mnboy

Post by mnboy »

I went to the site and sent an email to the "contact us" link. I also copied in their parent company's customer service email.