Toroidal Transformers in Canada?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Trepan

Post by Trepan »

Hey no worries guys, and I haven't gone anywhere :)

I've been rather busy so haven't had a chance to reply. Ian, I had already checked out BEI, I should have mentioned. Unfortunately, they don't have any of the 25-0-25 in stock and it would be expensive to order because of that. I did speak to your guy and he's a real honest guy. I will certainly consider BEI in the future. However for this project it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go with Plitron. Not that I have anything against their product, just the price :D

I would certainly order one from the USA however I am sure that the duty and shipping on a toroid that weighs 3 lbs or so is probably astronomical.

As for the other stuff that went on in this thread, I just ignore what I can't learn from. I've been around enough forums to know that basically when you're on a very popular forum, people of all kinds are going to be on there and they don't all necessarily get along for various reasons :)

Thanks for noticing I was new. I'd never heard of Nuts & Volts before a few weeks ago. I had to get it ordered special by a local vendor because nobody around her carries it. Looking forward to my first issue :)
Bygar

Re: Toroidal Transformers in Canada?

Post by Bygar »

Try almost any electical or electronic distributor in Canada.
Most handle Hammond transformers. If unable to find 50Volt center tapped
units try 48 volt center tapped.
Bygar
Bygar

Post by Bygar »

Are you still looking for toroid transformers in Canada.
I found my Hammond mfg. electronic transformer cat.5C-88.
Page 10 lists their toroid transformers, several units will meet your requirements.
All are dual primary and secondary units, those with your current requirements are
open (not potted), cat. no. 160 M50 secondary in series 50Volt @ 3.2 Amp.
is nearest to your requirements.
Largest listed provides 6 Amps.
Hammond Mfg. Co. Ltd.,
394 Edinburgh Rd. N.,
Guelph, Ontario N1H 1E5
416 456 3770
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

Bygar wrote:Are you still looking for toroid transformers in Canada.
Hi Bygar.

I see you're newer here.

Did you notice that you are responding to a 4 year old question posted way back in 2007 from a user who has not logged in since 2008? :shock:
-=VA7KOR=- My solar system includes Pluto.