Ru on circuits

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
myp71

Ru on circuits

Post by myp71 »

What does the reverse RU mean?Iv'e seen it on complete circuits such as when I take apart old electronics stuff like a old answering machine.....ETC<p>Just something That I wanted to know for awhile :D <p>
Thanks<p>[ March 06, 2004: Message edited by: My-P71 ]</p>
cato

Re: Ru on circuits

Post by cato »

I think you are referring to a symbol added to circuits approved by Underwriters Labratories...UL...or an eariler version / Foreign version thereof.<p>[ March 07, 2004: Message edited by: cato ]</p>
myp71

Post by myp71 »

Oh yeah that would make since with the foreign UL<p>
Thanks
Edd

Post by Edd »

Surely most are aware of the standard UL label and its significance.Also in the past, I had also run across the reverse UR and researched to find it to be associated with approved components:<p>http://www.ul.com/mark/<p>(I happened to have run across that info some time ago and flagged it and put it in my easily retrievable URL archives.)<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] .........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected].........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;) ;) ;)
myp71

Post by myp71 »

Yeah I know the UL mark and it's meaning but I was just wondering about the the reverse Ru it seems like every thing I take apart has this mark somewhere on the circuit board I even think Ratshack has the mark on some of the prouducts.<p>Some one told me the ru was russain I don't know about that but who knows I guess huh?<p>Thanks
amuron

Post by amuron »

The reverse RU is a UL recognized component, but is not UL listed as complete product would be.<p>My employer from a few years ago has a really good list of marks on their website. Its doesn't all of them, but most of the ones you see in the US.
http://www.watlow.com/literature/prodte ... aap702.pdf<p>Ron
myp71

Post by myp71 »

Ok thanks,that's what I was looking for I can't believe that there is 10 pages worth of codes for UL :D <p>(Ryan)
amuron

Post by amuron »

Actually thats a subset.... There is a huge book, otherwise known as the UL yellow book that has all of the code and standard numbers and their assignments... Its a must have for systems integrators, and electrical inspectors.<p>Ron
myp71

Post by myp71 »

It sounds like it keeps getting bigger I bet the Ul yellow pages is just about as big as our vegas Entertainment section in the yellow pages here :D <p>So the Ul company has codes to tell what class (how they rate)the prouduct is in? Kinda like the class Two transformer for non wet locations and class one for wet locations and so on?<p>Thanks :cool: