Large LED display

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
kitester

Large LED display

Post by kitester »

Does anyone know who makes a large (about 8 inch)LED display? I am looking for a two digit display direct from the manufacturer. I dont need any computing power and it doesnt need to be in a case. Just the flat panel would be fine. Thanks in advance.
Externet

Re: Large LED display

Post by Externet »

Hello kitester.
For years I drooled about the simple flipdisk technology; finally I found the manufacturer on a trade show.
Bib on:<p>http://www.fpelectronics.com/markiv/idsys.nsf<p>Not always necessary, they have these with LED enhancement (illumination) also if you want.
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
rsteortz

Post by rsteortz »

Hey Kitester,
I build 8 inch 2 and 3 digit displays with or without case or control module. I use superbright LED's that can be seen in bright sunlight up to 400 ft.
if you want more info contact me at:
[email protected]
Roger
amuron

Post by amuron »

Flip disks are cool, but they do not survive a shot gun very well. Its a big problem with road signs in rural areas. I'm not sure if they have a shot gun test spec, but I do know the utility equipment suppliers do. Multiple LED signs with steel barrels do much better, as typically only a few LED's get blown away, and the sign is still readable.<p>Ron