webcam to connect microcontroller

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jacarrasquel

webcam to connect microcontroller

Post by jacarrasquel »

i want to received a image from a webcam with a microcontroller. i want information
haklesup

Re: webcam to connect microcontroller

Post by haklesup »

Allow me to rephrase:<p>You want to connect a microcontroller to a USB hub controller (and LCD display or memory) then send commands to the webcam and recieve image data back to your controller where you will process it and send it ot a memory card or LCD display.<p>Is this what you are trying to do?<p>Webcams often use the TWAIN driver like scanners do. Perhaps you can study this driver protocol. Depending you the camera you have, there may need to be some additional customization for your hardware.<p>Camera Twain Driver OCX<p>What is TWAIN
Sambuchi

Post by Sambuchi »

I am doing something up your path right now. I just bought a Surveillance Camera..
http://www.sambuchi.net/Camera/Camera.htm
I will be doing edge detection with it,, on the site above I posted a block diagram. I will be using an Analog Devices DSP.. and as haklesup mentioned. SDRAM, decoders and transmitters. what are you trying to do jacarrasquel?
ezpcb

Post by ezpcb »

There're some camera moduls with built-in jpeg compressing engine and external bus, they are very easy to interface to micorcontroller. Vendors include Agilent, Fujitsu, NEC etc. There're also many OEM in my city.<p>mike
http://www.EzPCB.com
High Quality PCB for Electronics Hobbists, Pay for Chrokee, Get Land Rover