WARNING LIGHT CIRCUIT

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
WICKERIS

WARNING LIGHT CIRCUIT

Post by WICKERIS »

I am in need of a circuit that will take 24 volt dc pulse and trigger a separate 24 volt dc warning light circuit once the light is turned on it will be terminated with a manual switch. Thanks for any help you can give<p>[ February 26, 2004: Message edited by: WICKERIS ]</p>
L. Daniel Rosa

Re: WARNING LIGHT CIRCUIT

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

Is your system powered by AC or DC?
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

optocoupler
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

If its DC, an SCR will do the trick.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Apply the incoming 24 volt pulse to a relay. Wire the contacts of the relay to connect the 24 volts to its coil, keeping it "latched" on, while another set of contacts is keeping your other lamp on. Then pushing a "normally closed" switch in the coil circuit will interupt the relay, causing it to drop out.
WA2RBA
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

Okay, everybody else got here before I got off work. They're all right too. Myself, I'd pick the SCR- it's the smallest and quietest. More, I'd put a resistor (1k or so) from gate to cathode to suppress false triggering and a zener diode in series with a resistor from the trigger source to the SCR gate. A momentary NC button in series with the lamp to turn it off.<p>BTW, if the lamp current is less than 100mA then a triac optoisolator would be simpler.