Comcast Conspiracy??

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
new guy

Comcast Conspiracy??

Post by new guy »

I recently upgraded my tv service from Comcast to the "DIGITAL" service, now I cannot operate my DVD player. I called comcast for tech support but got a tech who didn't know any more than I did. Maybe comcast wants me to rent "ON DEMAND"? I own a MEMOREX DVD player and the code for that doesn't exist. I tried to use the SEARCH method but to no avail. Can anyone help?
HighFrequency

Post by HighFrequency »

Does your DVD remote still work?
There is only one correct answer, mine.
jollyrgr

Re: Comcast Conspiracy??

Post by jollyrgr »

new guy wrote:I recently upgraded my tv service from Comcast to the "DIGITAL" service, now I cannot operate my DVD player. I called comcast for tech support but got a tech who didn't know any more than I did. Maybe comcast wants me to rent "ON DEMAND"? I own a MEMOREX DVD player and the code for that doesn't exist. I tried to use the SEARCH method but to no avail. Can anyone help?
When you say you "cannot operate my DVD player" I assume you mean from the CABLE box remote. While it might be nice, don't bother wasting your time. Not every remote will operate every device. Dig out the orignal remote or the remote for another device that has the code for the Memorex DVD player. You still might get lucky. Currently I have seven remotes on the seat next to me. TV, VCR, Dish receiver, DVD player, DVD recorder, C Band receiver, and DVB Sate receiver. There is always several buttons the "universal" remotes will not control but are needed. In the coming weeks I will be adding a keyboard, mouse, and PVR remote as I plan on building my own DVR for TV. Can you imagine the fun I will have trying to control the three satellite receivers from the computer so I can stream these across the Internet?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!