help finding eagle parts for db9

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Newz2000

help finding eagle parts for db9

Post by Newz2000 »

I'm still trying to find my way around Eagle. I really hate that they make it so hard to find stuff.

I've got this:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... cts_id=429

I want to put it on a circuit board. I can recreate the part, but my goal is to learn where stuff is, so wondered if anyone knows if this is included in eagle and if so how I'd find it.

Also, in the rcl section many caps are listed. I honestly can't figure out which one is right. Is it safe to just find one that roughly matches the dimensions?
hp

Post by hp »

Look in the library 'con-subd'. I use the F09HP part for those kinds of mounted subd connectors. I am not absolutely sure if it will work for you or not.

To get to it quickly, type "add F09*" in the command bar. It will give you all the matching subd connectors of that type.

Harrison
philba

Post by philba »

I've used that part and it works ok but be aware that the standard db9 pins are off grid. at least any grid that any other part uses. you will get ultra ugly auto routing and drc will give you angle errors (which i turn off anyway).