Right Angle VGA adapter

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
KamPutty

Right Angle VGA adapter

Post by KamPutty »

Hi all,

I'm looking for a right angle vga adapter. I have a laptop, and I need to plug an external monitor to it, but the vga/cable is right next to my usb connections, and its causing space issues. I need to move the vga to the RIGHT, assuming I am looking at the vga connector on the computer directly. I found one that moves the vga UP...

Anyone know where I can get some?

~Kam (^8*
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

I've never seen one, you might have to go with a USB 4 port hub and use the plug furthest from the VGA connector (assuming you have more than one) so you don't have to use the others.

Since the VGA plug is polarized, a manufacturer would need to make 4 directions of right angle adapters to satisfy the market (not a good investment IMO). Furthermore, the footprint of the connector would be about the same as for a cable so I don't see what it would get you. It would still be close to the neighboring connectors.
KamPutty

Post by KamPutty »

haklesup wrote:Since the VGA plug is polarized, a manufacturer would need to make 4 directions of right angle adapters to satisfy the market (not a good investment IMO).
Those BASTARDS! :mad: Don't they know it's me?! I should be all they care about. :mad:

Thats a good idea about an external hub, I did not think of that. Then again, I guess I could always make my own...have solder, will travel....

Now there's a good product idea, a vga/usb/etc connector on a gimble, so it can be moves to anyposition....

~Kam (^8*