October Issue

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Robert Reed

October Issue

Post by Robert Reed »

Anybody know whats going on with the latest issue? I usually get my new issue two days before the end of the preceding month. I don't even see the new issue posted on the N&V home page.
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

I received mine Saturday. (Sept 30, 2006)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
russlk

Post by russlk »

I don't have mine yet, but I have noticed that publication date varies quite a bit, month to month.
ku7485

Re: October Issue

Post by ku7485 »

Robert Reed wrote:Anybody know whats going on with the latest issue? I usually get my new issue two days before the end of the preceding month. I don't even see the new issue posted on the N&V home page.
Same thing with me. Is it available in digital form? I'll go check...
Timothy Rasch

October issue not received

Post by Timothy Rasch »

Hi ,I am still waiting for the October issue.The newstand had it on 10/2/2006. I can have them hold one again[they had it held for 10/2] for Me just in case Nuts/Volts computer forgot my subscription. Perhaps I should wait about a week? Tim Rasch [email protected]
Timothy Rasch

october issue didn't arrive yet

Post by Timothy Rasch »

Hi again ,my October issue of Nuts/Volts did not come yet .Hope it comes Saturday October 7,2006. I usually get mail by 12:30pm. I just renewed my subscription in late August and received my September issue. I now have the October issue reserved for Me at the news depot just in case.
Does anyone have this problem in Wisconsin?
Tim Rasch [email protected]
ku7485

Post by ku7485 »

I still haven't got my October issue and I live in California. It's either the mailman has troubles delivering it, or Nuts and Volts has had a delay in shipping.
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Well, mine came in 2 days ago, which is about a week late for me. Odd thing is, I received it before N&V updated their home page to the current issue.
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
Newz2000

Post by Newz2000 »

I got mine a couple days late, but it was worth the wait. This particular issue rocked (of course, haven't tried the experiments yet).

The balancing robot was extremely informative, I was holding my breath for the update to the high voltage pic, the Nixie experiments were also informative and written from the perspective of someone who appears to really know what they're talking about (although I'd like to learn more about the nixies) and the serial LCD interface is something I've been wanting to do for a while now. For some reason, this particular issue just seems to be much more useful and practical - stuff that actually seemed interesting to me.

I'm afraid I've let my subscription expire (hence the breath-holding for the high voltage pic - I didn't know if I'd get this issue or not). However, if the next month or two are this good, I'll renew my subscription.
GoingFastTurningLeft

Post by GoingFastTurningLeft »

I just subscribed in early september, haven't gotten my october yet. They said that would be my first issue...

Guess I need to do that 'free online with print' signup thing.
ku7485

Post by ku7485 »

I still haven't gotten my October issue yet. Should I be worried about this? What do you guys suggest I do? :sad:
GoingFastTurningLeft

Post by GoingFastTurningLeft »

suprise - no issue yet.

I might actually have to pick up a phone - its near halfway through the month.
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless