A PC costs $10 per month

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

Hey NEWZ2000, my brother designed that USB beverage chiller! Of course, the actual product is built in China. He insisted that the factory area where the Coolit products are assembled be heated. Apparently, most factory workers in China don't work in heated buildings in winter.

I do some electronics design work for them.... http://www.coolitsystems.com for their liquid cooled PC kits. I designed the DC-AC inverters that drive the coolant pumps and the thermal servo circuit that drives the peltier devices and regulates fan speeds to keep the CPU temperature constant.

It gives me a sense of satisfaction to know that my designs are being used in thousands of homes in Canada, USA, and UK (mostly USA and UK) by people who can afford overclocked liquid cooled gaming computers and servers.

My own computer is also a needlessly quiet, fast and liquid cooled HP Shuttle X running MS XP-64, but it really doesn't need to be cooled considering it's not a server and I haven't played a video game since Zaxxon on the Colecovision. B-!

Cheers, Bob :cool: