Since N&V won't publish it, here it is....

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
peek

Since N&V won't publish it, here it is....

Post by peek »

I just got my September 2006 N&V, and find the article "Interface your PC to an LED sign" interesting.

In early 2003 I wrote an article about writing your own software to control the BetaBrite, but N&V never seemed very interested in it.

I guess it helps to be an advertiser. Since N&V won't publish mine, here it is....

Enjoy: http://www.industrologic.com/betabrite.pdf
Gary Peek
Industrologic, Inc.
jesusmartinez

Post by jesusmartinez »

Thank you Gary for that nice article. The programming is much simpler than the Nuts and Volts article. I have been wanting to use the Betabrite for a long time but thought you had to use their program.
philba

Post by philba »

Thanks Gary.

I'd venture that the reason it was rejected was because it didn't have a schematic diagram somewhere. Probably some junior staffer with no electronics background glanced at it and didn't see those "squiggley diagrams" so they kicked it back.
VIRAND

Post by VIRAND »

By the way, have you noticed that the BetaBrite remote control buttons are hard to push,
or is mine just slightly defective?
Usually this happens when remote controls wear out, and I know how to fix that problem,
but ALL the buttons were like that since I got it.