MOON Mission

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jollyrgr

MOON Mission

Post by jollyrgr »

I have a question that might not be totally project related but figure since this is a "General" forum and my question is somewhat science related it might be okay to post here.

I was watching the Discovery channel and their documentary on the quest for space and specifically the moon. While I was alive during Apollo 11, I was very young, too young to remember any of it. One thing they stated and showed (but I'm not sure if it was a simulation) was that during Apollo 11 was that Armstrong and Aldrin SAW the Soviet probe that went to the moon during their mission. I knew that their was a Soviet probe that landed on the moon during the Apollo 11 but did the crew see it? The TV show hinted that not only did they see it they actually filmed it. Is there any space buffs or those that remember the mission that can confirm or refute this?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

Something tells me the footage does exist. I think it's floating around with people claiming it as NASA hidden footage of alien ships. I remember hearing about all of this awhile ago. Have you yahoogled it?
philba

Post by philba »

oh come on, everyone knows there was no lunar landing. it was all shot on a soundstage in Las Vegas.... or was it Area 51?

that film of the alien is kept with the shots of the second gunman on the grassy knoll.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

currious currious,, maybe thats why we cannot see no junk on the moon yet..unless its on the dark side..

i wonder if theres any stars on the day side of earth, i know we cannot see them, but i still wonder ., Hmmmmm
Michael Kaudze
Site Admin

Post by Michael Kaudze »

oh come on, everyone knows there was no lunar landing. it was all shot on a soundstage in Las Vegas.... or was it Area 51?

that film of the alien is kept with the shots of the second gunman on the grassy knoll.
LOL!
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

SETEC_Astronomy wrote:Something tells me the footage does exist. I think it's floating around with people claiming it as NASA hidden footage of alien ships. I remember hearing about all of this awhile ago. Have you yahoogled it?
There are thousands of pages (about 118K) for APOLLO 11 SOVIET PROBE when Googled. Considering that the moon is 1/6 the mass of the earth it is still HUGE by human standards. To have a probe come close enough to the Apollo 11 crew seems next to impossible. But this is what the story implied. The fact that two objects from earth were on their way to the moon during the same time period is remarkable. But for one to get there AND pass within visual distance of the other not being done on purpose seems too far from the probability to imagine.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!