Servo Magazine

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.

Is Servo Magazine worth the subscription..

Yes
38%
No
No votes
Not a subscriber
63%

Total votes: 8

Sambuchi

Servo Magazine

Post by Sambuchi » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:23 pm

I have been coming to this site for a long time but I never subscribed to the magazine. I was actually looking into it ... seeing how every one here seems to be a subscriber..

I like the Nuts and Volts bulletin board but is the magazine worth the subscription..

I also heard that some of you are not getting some issues! and some are not happy with the articles!!

Is it worth the subscription..

JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:30 pm

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless

L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:29 am

I picked up a few issues at B&N, but I won't subscribe. It's not as well into my field(s) of interest as NV.

There is one other complication- one article in one issue left me unimpressed. After a page or two talking about the ramifications of an application, the author gave the bottom line (highly abbreviated, but well within context) 'It can't be done because God said so'. This may be a fluke, but that kind of approach in a hands on hobby magazine leaves me jaded.

Gorgon

Post by Gorgon » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:39 am

I do subscribe to SERVO, and I like it more and more. The mix of articles is coming around I think. The one thing I would like to see, is a little more and advanced construction & theory, and maybe less of the Lego range of articles. They tend to be long and take up a lot of space. Yeah, I know they are for the kids, but they grow up too.
The historic articles are very interesting, and could be expanded, with more details if possible. As an European, I have never heard of most of the robots described here. That could be an idea, to search for robots outside US for the historic review. :evil:

So, at present I'll continue subscribing.

TOK ;)
Gorgon the Caretaker - Character in a childrens TV-show from 1968. ;)