Would you like an "Industrial" supplement to Nuts

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
peek

Would you like an "Industrial" supplement to Nuts

Post by peek »

Would you like to see an "Industrial" supplement to Nuts & Volts?

I have mentioned this a few times to the publishing management, but so far no supplement.

I have always thought of Nuts & Volts as a lot more than a "hobbyist" magazine, and thought that there are enough professionals reading it that industrial specific information would be popular.

After all, after the Robotics supplement, Servo Magazine was created very shortly after!
Gary Peek
Industrologic, Inc.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Intelligent links could suffice there.

I read a lot of the trade mags and if they were on line, then a simple link would do very nicely
peek

Post by peek »

Chris Smith wrote:Intelligent links could suffice there.
I read a lot of the trade mags and if they were on line, then a simple link would do very nicely
Are you assuming just an ad supplement?

I was thinking a full supplement, just like the Robotics supplement was, with articles and all. You know, basic stuff like plug-in Opto-22 modules, maybe an RS-422/485 tutorial.

I know there is a lot covered in other industry magazines, but much of that is high-end expensive stuff. I'm thinking really practical engineers or technicians on a budget.

Like Nuts & Volts is more oriented to making practical electronics stuff work compared to Circuit Cellar that is oriented toward design using the latest technology.
Gary Peek
Industrologic, Inc.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

No I was thinking more of a "subject specific related linkâ€
jlarson43

Shameless self promotion...

Post by jlarson43 »

Dear Friends:

I know this post is off-topic, but I wanted to attract some attention to a forum topic I started called "Virtual Digital Circuits." It includes a poll question, and already has generated a few spirited responses.

Come join the fun!

Regards
James Larson
Programmer/Analyst Consultant
http://www.dst-corp.com/james
In God We Trust...