HELP! Old Pro-2006 INTERFACE

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
sky444

HELP! Old Pro-2006 INTERFACE

Post by sky444 »

I am looking for something that was advertised in Nuts and Volts way back when , when I'm not exactly positive. Looking for ANY information on the PRO-2006 scanner interfaces , I think there
was one called CSI and one
called DDI. I am trying to find any software related to that , reason is I have picked up a couple of 2006's and they are set up in a way I've never seen before , see link below, and I am thinking it might be one of those two setups. AGAIN:ANY information helpful , if someone might possibly know which issues of Nuts and Volts to backorder or if the software is available?

P-L-E-A-S-E<p>Look HERE for a view of the 2006 setup , look in folder Phil LOOK<p>http://community.webshots.com/user/sky444

if this is not the appropriate place to send this question please tell me which one is,thanks
+4db +2db 0db +2db +4db <p>|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| <p>noise...............................................Signal
sky444

Re: HELP! Old Pro-2006 INTERFACE

Post by sky444 »

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!!????
+4db +2db 0db +2db +4db <p>|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| <p>noise...............................................Signal
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

Well now that is interesting. At first I didn't realize that the board that you are questioning wasn't a factory part (actually I see two in there). Whoever built it did a nice job. There are a couple of PIC chips. Not sure what the big Intel chip is. I can't read part numbers so it's hard to even begin to try to decypher all that stuff. The part with the "wings" on it (heatsink) is probably a voltage regulator<p>Descrambler maybe? That's about the only reason that I can think of to add processor horsepower.
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
sky444

Post by sky444 »

Yes it hard to figure out, I have 2006's with Opto boards and Bill Cheek's CE-HB232 interface and they look NOTHING like this. If you get a brainstorm please let me know as I am very puzzled on this rig. If there is anymore info I might could give you that would help - DON'T HESITATE TO ASK. <p>Oh and reply appreciated 100%<p>Tom
mojorizing

Post by mojorizing »

Hi Tom,
I've read N&V for a bazillion years and the only interface I can remember being covered is the "Programitt" interface to program a scanner that had the memory upgrade. Google "programitt" and you'll find it. However, this doesn't look like that interface. It sort of looks like a mod that was called LinkAll by a guy named Mark Persson. Funny how google didn't come up with anything. It controlled a 2006 with the memory upgrade based on Bill Cheeks design but different enough to call it a next generation control. Look at your 2006 SRAM chip, it's labeled IC505. Originally this was a LC3517BM-15 24 pin SRAM. If it's a mod, then it's a longer SRAM chip that has it's extra legs lifted and connected to this new PCB. The serial cable is one direction into the scanner, no two way coms here. That Intel chip looks like an old Intel PIA chip used to interface data bus lines to CPU's. I would expect wires going to the 2006 SRAM/CPU. Do you have a schematic of the Pro2006? I got the complete service manual on it and I can email you the info. I also have an email from Mark from about six years ago explaining his LinkAll with the connections to the 2006. Unfortunately, these are home and I'm on the road.
Also go to Strong Signals forum and leave the same message in the "Message" group. There are some longtime scannists, such as Bob Parnass, who frequent there. Actually, Bob has a website too. Google his name to find it and drop him a note.<p>later, Kevin
sky444

Post by sky444 »

Kevin , I've tried all those guys and NOTHING no one seems to know WHAT it is !!! I'm stumped. I'll fill you in with some info via e-mail that will explain a little better of the "history" of the 2006's I bought.
sky444

Post by sky444 »

KEVIN , READ YOUR MAIL , this is WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS!!!!!!
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

Oh come on... I'm dying to know what it is. My email address is valid.
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."