any good TV circiut resources out there?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
bwts

any good TV circiut resources out there?

Post by bwts »

Anybody got any good resources for TV schematitcs or indeed has any one got schematicss and PCB layout s for a Ferguson B 68 N. Surely there is at least one TV repair man (or woman for that matter) around these parts.<p>B
"Nothing is true, all is permitted" - Hassan i Sabbah
russlk

Re: any good TV circiut resources out there?

Post by russlk »

I never heard of Ferguson TV, where is it made? How old is it? There are many sources for antique schematics, but newer ones are hard to find. If the company is still in business, the repair center may be helpful.
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

If anyone is working on true antique televisions, you can get a lot of help on the Antique Radio forum, which has a television section. Find it at http://www.antiqueradios.com<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Ferguson - A UK brand that normally has equipment similar in specification to Philips products and at one time the video and TV chassis's were the same.<p>I believe Ferguson like Bush (NOT G.W.) are now part of Thompsons - the French electronics maker.<p>In the UK one of the best resources for manuals will be MAURITRON you'll need to look at the back of either Wireless World or hunt down Practical TV both normally have their adverts in on the inside back cover. Practical TV will also have ads from other manual suppliers.<p>Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
John J.

Post by John J. »

Hey Mr BTWZ
Try www.samswebsite.com and look under Photo Fact. they have all kinds of stuff there
John J
John J.
John J.

Post by John J. »

Hey Mr BTWZ
Try www.samswebsite.com and look under Photo Fact. they have all kinds of stuff there
John J
John J.
bwts

Post by bwts »

Thanks everyone I opened up the TV in question and the little cicuit board at the end of the tube was covered in dust. I bloo (how do u spell the past tense of blow?) all the dust off and hey presto the set now works fine!<p>B
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

That reminds me of inkwells at primary school.<p>Not to be recommended peeps blowing into the depths of those.<p>Still I imagine schools these days don't have them.<p>Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

I know some of you readers look for obscure items. I just acquired some old TV IC's/Trans.'/
carbon res.'s, etc. from the 'passing' of an older RCA engineer. limited supply, but some ECG
sylvania parts, etc. I'll post a list in the next
few days. N/C if useful. But I wanted to advise you of a site: www.tubesandmore.com . Antique
radio stuff. NICE. Happy Holidays
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

The past tense of BLOW is BLEW.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
bwts

Post by bwts »

thx thats been bugging me :)