MOTION DETECTION

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
mustang

MOTION DETECTION

Post by mustang »

Does anyone have information on motion detection using a comparison of video frames from an active tv camera?
Chris Smith

Re: MOTION DETECTION

Post by Chris Smith »

A very old system is still in use today. It is comprised of a light sensor and suction cup stuck to the screen, and it measures changes in average or ambient light, and the changes when the some one moves in the picture, sets it off. They sell them or you can make them your self. I think I still have a diagram in a old book, but the part #s would be out of production.
josmith

Post by josmith »

mustang

Post by mustang »

What I am really looking for is a means of detecting motion with the x10 cameras and triggering a vcr to record with out using the x10 motion detectors. I have found that the x10 motion sensors do not have enough power when used outside of a stucco building. I would like to avoid using a pc as part of the system.
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

how about a PIR? Relay contacts in the unit close and they could then swicth the camera on or VCR<p>bodgy
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
kato

Post by kato »

Heres my 2 cents worth, My intel pc cam has a motion detector application built in so that when it detects motion on the pc cam, it emails pictures on the internet, and stops it when the motion stops. other then that cool thingy app , go to this web site they sell motion detecters and devices which detect motion on video signals,
http://www.securityideas.com/motdet.html
Every one has some one in their family who is crazy,
If you don't know who it is, it's you.
mustang

Post by mustang »

Thaks for the info Bodgy and Perry. Is there any place to get some circuitry and info on PIR devices? Does anyone have the lenses required?
battlebotz

Post by battlebotz »

There are websites that show you how to hack ... er ... modify cheap motion detector circuits that you can buy at Walmart. Just do a search for "hack motion detector"<p>Nate