Hello to the group

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Alan87I

Hello to the group

Post by Alan87I »

I'm a newbie here , just want to say HI to every one. I'm a small time Cb Radio repair shop owner operator . I also enjoy building my own test equipment. I would like to offer my knowlage of radios and antennas to any one here that needs it. I also have a ever increasing supply of scematics and service info + I know many places on the net to get it . Thanks for you time Allan
JULIO STIPICIC

Re: Hello to the group

Post by JULIO STIPICIC »

Dear Allan:<p> I have a spectrum analyzer ADVANTAGE model sa 1800C, the builder are no more in market, and
I need repair, can you tell me where I can get
service manual or electronics diagrams<p> regrads Julio<p>I live in Punta Arenas Chile near HORN CAPE
MrAl

Post by MrAl »

Hi there,<p>Nice to see new people joining this interesting
forum.<p>I didnt know there was much of a demand for CD
radios anymore. I thought after the big
'fad' years hardly anyone used them anymore.
I used to enjoy talking to many friends across
several towns on mine, and even built my own
copper pipe dipole antenna.
As of late however, i havent found anyone on
the air :-(
Perhaps in other areas of the country there is
more use nowadays?<p>Good luck with your circuits,
Al
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

CB (or CD for that matter) is still popular with truckers. Beyond the excessive profanity, it at least helps keep them awake. And it sounds like it's still the main long-distance and local phone company for Mexico.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Alan87I

Post by Alan87I »

For the spectrum analyxer manual keep a saved search for it at ebay, I see manuals selling there for equipment I didn't know existed. <p>CB is starting to go again , Mainly the 10 meter craze , most every 10 meter radio built is capable of 11 meter opp at up to 30 watts power. The FCC doesn't like it. The band below and above 11 meter is also available on most converted 10 meter radios, Nick named the free band , It's unallocated. I have made contacts in Australia when the ship is strong.
Truckers like the high powered radios for more local range (when the skip is strong ). Of coarse the FCC / crtc doesn't like these high powered radios . Allan
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

I believe that used to be that it was illegal to even purposefully skip using the standard 4w for a 40 channel or 5w for a 23 channel. But once I was playing around with a homemade antenna for my 4w TRC455 or something like that, and hit OK (hey Dean) for a few seconds from OH.