Can you built this for me?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
waggadgets

Can you built this for me?

Post by waggadgets »

I would like a conversation with someone experianced in building electronics, preferably as a hobby. Working with 12v or a flashlight type battery. I need a button connected to a delay timer (adjustable in 10th,100th, and 1000th of a sec.), which then connects to a vibrating buzzer or device capable of giving a weak shock.
TNT
toejam

Re: Can you built this for me?

Post by toejam »

I'd use a 556 timer.One side can be a one shot and the other a monostable that is fed into mosfet in series with a 9 volt battery and the secondary of a 120 to 12v transformer good for 50 or so ma.Run it at about 60cps
tj
kato

Post by kato »

the local pet store sells special dog collars which give an adjustable level shock, these work with AA batteries, you could remove the collar and
just use the device.
look at dog hunting sites, it is a very popular training method.
check out Bass Pro web site.
Every one has some one in their family who is crazy,
If you don't know who it is, it's you.
Bovee

Post by Bovee »

I'd use the vibrator/buzzer instead of trying to get a proper shock level. Those little 1-1/2v vibrating motors that are used in pagers would be ideal, and cost a buck and a half from places like All Electronics or other surplus dealers.