digital cable descramblers

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jiszmoduck

digital cable descramblers

Post by jiszmoduck »

my friend from outer space visited me the other day and they switched his cable from anolg to digital and he needed some info
jollyrgr

Re: digital cable descramblers

Post by jollyrgr »

Yes, I know exactly what you need. You will need to replace the standard F connector on your friend's RG-6 cable with a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) F connector. Last time I checked the Radio Shack at the south west base of Olympus Mons (on Mars) had about two dozen of these on their clearance table; only two Euros each. (Even though you can buy all two dozen for under a buck (US dollars) at the current exchange rate, don't be greedy, let others have a chance at them.) These convert the new digital RF signals back into analog RF so that the old analog descrambler can receive them again. Be sure you have Euros as they do not take green backs.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!