miniature golf windmill

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
phyduex

Re: miniature golf windmill

Post by phyduex »

I really just can't thank everyone enough. I am so glad I stumbled onto this site. Ya'll really go the extra mile. Since we have 2 votes for the rotisseri motor, I'll play with that. Also the water wheel. I need more than one obstacle. I really appreciate Enzo's thoughts as well, as it going to be a public venue. "Indoor glow-in-the dark miniature golf". Okay, under blacklight . . . for anyone thinking "Golf in the dark . . .She has bigger issues to face than turning a windmill . . . (smile)". To be honest, I can buy a windmill kit; but, shelling out $995.00 is just ludicrous. I'm more than willing to educate myself on how things turn, even if I weren't operating on a shoestring. (a mere shoestring, not a "solar cell shoe lace").
treeman

Post by treeman »

just had a thought on the safety issues.<p>maybe you could use some sort of shear pin like
the ones on outboard motors that shear off when
you hit the bottom(done it a million times)
keeps you from beating up the prop or shaft too much. a small wooden peg might work. as long as
it weaker then the human hand. or a centrifugal
clutch.<p>just my 2 cents
phyduex

Post by phyduex »

Thank you, Treeman. I appreciate your 2 cents. I'll check that out.