A little help

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Manger451

A little help

Post by Manger451 »

Alright this may be asking for a little too much but i've been trying to create a IR remote control using the IC's SC9149A and SC9148B. I've having been trying to make it work for a week now and still no success. I'm trying to build a IR transmitter with four buttons using the SC9148B that will transmit to the receiver (SC9149A) which will be connected to a BASIC stamp. Could someone please help me with a schematic. <p> thanks
Edd

Re: A little help

Post by Edd »

Well, seems like that tandem circuitry might build up well on a Continental Specialties type of plug in breadboard for its initial evaluation/debugging staging.
On your receive section, how much of a variance of the data sheets application note on page 9 is there in your built up circuitry ?
SC9149A receiver chip Ref:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/datashe ... 13333.html
Take particular notice to the code bit info on page 11 of the data sheet<p>On your xmitter section how much of a variance are you away from circuitry page 7 SC9148B xmitter chip Ref:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/datashe ... 13332.html <p> That unit is using a tandem pair of driven TLN105 IR emitters but it would be permissible to couple between the xmitter and rec chips with a 10 K res during initial troubleshooting for evaluation of handshaking capabilities of the pair.
That would be interconnects between pin 15 on the xmitter to pin 2 on the receiver.
Watch for adequate power filtering/bypass caps in both circuits , also, use of a triggered scope would be most helpful for viewing the individual xmit data bits.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ..….....(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]….......(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
:) <p>UBB COMPATIBLE:
MY FREQ USED SCIENTIFIC & MATHEMATICS SYMBOLS REPOSITORY <p>Ψ Σ ñ ¼ ¾ ½ © ² ¿ ? £ « µ ³ ß ø β λ μ ₤ ℅ ™ ⅛ ⅜ ⅝ ⅞ ∞ ≤ ≥ ÷ Ω +
∞ ≤ ≥ ÷ Ω + 22 + 2 + 2 + 2² + 2³ ™ ≠ ≈ ™ ≠ ≈ ¢ ‼ √
◊ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 _1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
Composed in VERDANA #10 Scientific Notational Symbols by using 10 µfd...the βeta of the xstr to a 4Ω resistor. The Σ of the two numbers are ≤ 11 but not ≥12 as we reach Ψ and that will not be in the proper λ in order to maintain a 50 Ω Z using that β of xstr in the Σ mode if it is > ∞. % ½ ◊ ● ▫ ▪ □ ≥ ≤ ≠ ≈ ∞ √ ∑ ∆ ⅞ ⅝ ⅜ ⅛
Ω ℅ Ω Δ Σ ® © § ~ ^ λ μ β ψ 11/19 ~ ≠ ÷ × 98.6° ¿ ? ψ °]]

TEST<p>[ August 03, 2005: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>