Souce of 12c509 in NYC?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
geewiz

Souce of 12c509 in NYC?

Post by geewiz »

Er, subject sez it all. Tired of mail-ordering small quantities. Looking for a vendor that keeps 'em in stock in the NYC area. Ratshack only sells the 508 and that's only via mail order. Allstate & Anchor Electronics don't even know what a PIC is, much less stocks 'em. Taft's no longer around. Any suggestions from fellow NYers out there? TIA
hlreed

Re: Souce of 12c509 in NYC?

Post by hlreed »

You might try Jameco. They will sell small quantities over their web site.<p>http://www.jameco.com
Harold L. Reed
Microbes got brains
geewiz

Post by geewiz »

Thanks for the response, but I'm trying to avoid the wait of mail order. looking for a local vendor that ican just run into when I need them.
toejam

Post by toejam »

I think there may be sources in chinatown in Manhattan.
geewiz

Post by geewiz »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toejam:
I think there may be sources in chinatown in Manhattan.<hr></blockquote><p>toejam (whatta handle), maybe "back in the day" (like when radio shack employees really knew electronics, and wasn't just putting in time for a paycheck), but no longer. Unless you know of a definite place. Sylvans (sp?), maybe, but they're no longer around. Called Dale Electronics; didn't even know what a PIC was. Taft; gone also.