CCFT Backlight inverter schematic

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
chessman

CCFT Backlight inverter schematic

Post by chessman »

Hey guys, I have an OPTREX DMF-50840 LCD module, it's a nice 320x240 unit and has a CCFT backlight.<p>I need a quick and dirty inverter that will give me 340VAC to go into the CCFT, I don't know the frequency required.<p>EDIT: I know the frequency now, it's 30kHz. Iout is 10mA. <p>Actually, honestly, I need something like a CXA-L10A by TDK. Here's a datasheet <p>Thanks!<p>[ April 03, 2003: Message edited by: chessman ]</p>
rshayes

Re: CCFT Backlight inverter schematic

Post by rshayes »

Try the Linear Technology Corporation web site (www.linear.com). Application Notes 55 & 65 will probably tell you far more than you really wanted to know about inverters for the cold cathode flourescent lamps (CCFL's) used in LCD displays.<p>These Ap Notes also include some sample circuits. Hand-winding a transformer may take a fair amount of patience due to the high voltage secondary needed.
dacflyer

Re: CCFT Backlight inverter schematic

Post by dacflyer »

this inverter might be exactly what you need?<p>its sold by ALL-TRONICS
AND THE INVERTER WILL RUN either 1-2lamps..or 1 large lamp...its part # is...BXA-12529
WAS LESS THAN $10.00 too...they sell a lot of ccft lamps too,, even colored ones..
good luck