fuzing out pictures

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
myp71

fuzing out pictures

Post by myp71 »

Is there a way to fuzz out or delete part of a picture? Like a license plate from a car picture? <p>
Thanks <p>Ryan
haklesup

Re: fuzing out pictures

Post by haklesup »

Most Photo editing programs have tools to erase parts of an image. Better programs can merge in patterns from the surrounding area to fill in the hole left by the missing image. What programs do you have available to you.<p>In MS Photo editor (comes with windows or maybe the MS website), use the Smudge tool in the Tools menu.<p>In Windows Paint you could probably use the spray can to cover it up. Choose a matching color.<p>[ June 11, 2004: Message edited by: haklesup ]</p>
myp71

Post by myp71 »

I think i need a new brain. I meant to put tis topic in computers LOL and I mispelled fuzzing.<p> :D <p>Thanks for you help<p>Ryan
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

I'm going to assume that you are working in a PC/Microsoft environment. <p>Copy the original picture to another file (so you don't accidentally destroy the original). Open the picture with MS Paint (it comes as part of the Microsoft operating system). Click on the spraycan tool. Then click on the eye dropper tool. Using the eye dropper tool, sample some of the "ink" color you wish to do the smudging with. The spray can tool should be selected automatically. If not, select it yourself. Adjust the size of the spray you want then start painting. If you want to simply put a circle or rectangle over the information you want blocked, select the shape tool and then pick the opaque shape to draw over the item you want to block. Using the eye dropper sample tool will allow you to pick the same color as in the picture when drawing shapes as well.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Mike

Post by Mike »

well, i need a new brain too, but you don't hear me complaining...yet :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <p>but, if you haven't figured it out yet, email me the pic and i'll try and fuzz it out with either photoshop or fireworks, whichever one works.
myp71

Post by myp71 »

Thanks for your help I did get it figured out ok I did ms paint and croped out what I needed done.It didn't look the best but it worked :) :) :) <p>
Thanks again for the help<p>Ryan<p>[ June 13, 2004: Message edited by: My-P71 ]</p>