small quantitiy suppliers of RF components

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dmascare

small quantitiy suppliers of RF components

Post by dmascare »

Does anyone know of a company that sells small quantities of X-band gunn diodes, schottky diodes, horn antennas, rectifiers, parabolic reflectors, etc. So far all the companies I have come across only sell in quantities of 3000 for the diodes. I have come across some very small companies but so far the ones I have come across are basically not ok with the purchasing people. Any help would be appreciated.
philba

Re: small quantitiy suppliers of RF components

Post by philba »

if you work for a company that has a nazi purchasing dept, just buy them and submit an expense report. Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Dmas
Try Googling up Arrow Electronics. A few months ago. they were the only company I could locate to purchase an Atmel chip in single quantitys and no minimum purchase. Everyone else wanted 1000 or more orders. When you pull up the web page, look for the Arrow North America site. There catolog is a pain in the ass to navigate, but I did get my part.
jwax

Post by jwax »

There's always the "beg for samples" route from any distributor. It helps to buy something from them occasionally, however.
WA2RBA