Microcontroller Networking

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
suniljha

Microcontroller Networking

Post by suniljha »

Hi!
I am new to networking through microcontroller. I have microcontroller interfaced with small ethernet board (from [url=http://www.embeddedethernet.com).]www.embeddedethernet.com).[/url] I want my microcontroller board to collect some data from attached devices like temp. sensor and then send to a server (a PC) to be visible in the form of graph on a web. Regarding hardware, things are clear to me but I need your help in understanding software implementation on microcontroller and PC server side. I want to append periodic data to a file on PC server and then use some javascript to display in the form of graph on the web. How can this be possible?? any idea!<p>Looking for urgent help..
regards,
Sunil Jha
wd5gnr

Re: Microcontroller Networking

Post by wd5gnr »

I'm not familiar with that particular board. However, what you want to do is possible (my book, Embedded Internet Design from McGraw Hill) shows several similar examples based around a TINI and a Javelin Stamp from Parallax.<p>Java is the easiest way (in my mind) to write network code for the PC. If you can find a copy, check out Java 2 Network Protocols Black Book (from Paraglyph). There are several base classes for servers there that you could simply extend to suit your needs.<p>On the micro side, it would depend on your hardware and I'm not familiar with it.