VHS to DVD

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
John Paul

VHS to DVD

Post by John Paul »

HI,<p>Does anybody know the best way to transfer old VHS tapes to a computer so that they can be burned to a DVD.<p>Thanks, John Paul.
Mike

Re: VHS to DVD

Post by Mike »

You'll need a usb audio/video connector or a video card with video input and sound. My favorite is the ATI Rage 128Pro. It has no image/audio alignment problems.<p>I don't know about which usb one to choose, though.<p>
-Mike
myp71

Post by myp71 »

yeah the video cars are not cheap though! :eek:
Mark01

Post by Mark01 »

I have not used this but this is how I would do it
http://www.compusa.com/products/product ... pfp=BROWSE<p>This is an add on card that is not to expensive. Try the ATI web site and try and download the manual before buying the card. This way you will be sure the card can do what u want it to do :) <p>P.S. I dont work at Compusa :D
Mark
BoiseRC.com
BoiseRobotics.com
John Paul

Post by John Paul »

So with these cards you can just hook them up to the output of a regular VCR and get the video on your HD to burn to a DVD.<p>John Paul.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes, the rage 128 is an agp vid card, and others are pci add-on cards. <p>There are even some external usb or firewire connectors that transfer directly from composite video or svideo to mpeg1/2<p>-Mike