OBD2 info

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
myp71

OBD2 info

Post by myp71 »

I was wanting to know everykind of info i can get on the OBD2 subject.I would really like to lean as much as I can about this. I would like to reprogram my cars ECM but I think i should get started on something a little more easiler.I just bought a Drive right Carchip E/X and i think it's so cool how a ECM can have all of that info on it. With this carchip it can tell the engine RPM I was wondering if i could make a rpm guage that would plug into my OBD2 port to get that engine rpm info> how hard would it be to do that?And any info or links you can give me on the OBD2 system would be great . Thanks !! Ryan
Externet

Re: OBD2 info

Post by Externet »

- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

I got an '01 GranMarq, & love it. Try a full-size Ford website, with V-10 Crown Victorias, & other goodies. BTW , I just dumped those worthless Goodyear Eagle LS's for BFG's new Traction T/A-H. So far very nice. $113.99 @ BJ's , 235/60-16 with lifetime mount /balance / & flat-fix / & rotation. BFG # 77769 I think.<p>Oh, & how do you read the electronic UPC code on the tire ? ( It is an electronics thread....)
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
myp71

Post by myp71 »

[Drools] <p>Nice! <p>And good find on the website forum!<p>Got any mods on the Marq? <p>sorry guys just wonderin<p>Thanks for the help
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

So far just the rubber. I can't get it to squeal, and I can drive hard. $500.00 is less than my deductible, and I've out-stopped an accident several times in life, so in a world of Toyota Camry's I feel adequately secure. As it turns out, my car has the factory mod's;
'01 & up heads, hi-flow;
full duals with X-pipe;
'precision-trac' sport susp. w/ rear sway bar;
3.55:1 open rear (no posi w/ trac-ctrl.).
I think a set of gas shocks on the front will soften weight transfer rates. Bilstien shocks are said to be best, but $300.00 ?
The tires are one size up, and have a 99H load rating. I had a shot at a pursuit cruiser, but they have stiffer rear springs, so wheel hop in hard cornering can be a problem.
Same ride, less wallow, slightly more 'thup-thup' over expansion joints, less wander, extreme grip.
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
devious

Post by devious »

Externet, great links. I too bought a carchip EX. I was hoping it would help with my EPC fault on my '01 Jetta VR6. No such luck, it did not register as a fault. There is a lot of usefull information that can be analized though. My only problem is that I need a little better understanding of "normal" parameters.
Does anyone have any links that my help me compare what my car is doing vs "normal"?
thanks
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

But what do you know about what the engine requires?
Programming is easy, toasting a engine is even easier?
Lean, will do it every time.
myp71

Post by myp71 »

My VR6-<p>Yeah That was my problem also I had no idea what was normal for my car too. I just know I was getting colder air than in my 4 cycl saturn<p>Ryan