FREE PRINTS AND PART LISTS

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
MARINE2424

FREE PRINTS AND PART LISTS

Post by MARINE2424 »

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SOME SIMPLE PROJECTS LIKE GUARD DOG OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON THE INTERNET FOR FREE DOWN LOAD OF THE PRINT AND A PARTS LIST.
philba

Re: FREE PRINTS AND PART LISTS

Post by philba »

whoa dude, stop shouting.<p>what is a "guard dog"?
MARINE2424

Post by MARINE2424 »

Its this project that uses a motion sensor that when it detects motion it lets out a load dog bark if motion cont. it keeps barking.
jwax

Post by jwax »

Radio Shack sells you the digital voice chip, with instructions. Home Depot sells you a motion detector. You connect the two together, and record a barking dog on the chip. Done.
WA2RBA
Mike6158

Post by Mike6158 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by philba:
whoa dude, stop shouting.<hr></blockquote><p>I must be losing it... I found that to be eye watering hilarious :D
"If the nucleus of a sodium atom were the size of a golf ball, the outermost electrons would lie 2 miles away. Atoms, like galaxies, are cathedrals of cavernous space. Matter is energy."
philba

Post by philba »

move over, Chris Rock...<p>Check out Ramsey Kits' "Watch Dog" kit that barks in response to sound. It should be modifiable to use a PIR trigger rather than the audio one (though response to sound is more realistic). $33 (interestingly, same kit sells for about twice that from others.) I'm sure you could do it cheaper than that but unless you've got some experience with electronics, you are probably better off with a kit.<p>Phil<p>[ March 01, 2005: Message edited by: philba ]</p>
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

Is this the point where the thread decays from electronics to mother-in-law jokes ?<p>Hey Phil ! D'jever ( Did you ever ) consider a PIC for audio ? Like a class-d amp with an averaging network. I was going to try it with my serial port, but 9600 baud would lack clarity. But a pic at 40-100 kHz will yield 10-sec. @ 100kHz with 1Meg of memory. And what's the code ? Read data >output ?
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
dr_when

Post by dr_when »

Hmmm... looking at that Ramsey barking dog kit (I mean the photo of the kit on their website), it looks like that could be a fun project to do from scratch. Looks like they are using a large Eprom to store a PWM recording of barking dogs (2). Looks like they also clock it out of the eprom into a r2r ladder then to a LM386 amplifier. I think substituting a uController would cut the parts count (and perhaps a cheap d-a IC. I like the idea of the PWM on the Eprom (so "old school").<p>dr
"Who is John Galt?"
MARINE2424

Post by MARINE2424 »

I do have some electronics exp. I would like to try to buy the parts and put it togeather does someone have a print with the values on it?
philba

Post by philba »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by no_vice:
Is this the point where the thread decays from electronics to mother-in-law jokes ?<p>Hey Phil ! D'jever ( Did you ever ) consider a PIC for audio ? Like a class-d amp with an averaging network. I was going to try it with my serial port, but 9600 baud would lack clarity. But a pic at 40-100 kHz will yield 10-sec. @ 100kHz with 1Meg of memory. And what's the code ? Read data >output ?<hr></blockquote><p>My MIL, she so big, when she sit around the house...<p>The problem with PICs (and other uCs as well) is that they don't have much memory and wave tables take a lot of space. Maybe through some tricks... The Renesas line that CCI is pushing has a lot more Flash memory space so it might work ok but I think the costs are higher.<p>This project could be done with a memory (eprom or flash), a simple sequencer and a decent DAC. The sequencer would just run through a series of address and the output of the memory would be fed into the DAC. Easy to do an 8 bit version with a cmos eprom. I suspect 8 bits would be sufficient for a dog bark. Using flash gets trickier due to programming. Ideal would be using a removable flash memory card but that's pretty sophisticated for a dog bark. Better to use the ratshack part if "easy" is the high order bit.<p>Hey marine - what do you mean by "print"? Schematic? Have you used google to look?