Radio Shack pulling a scam???

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Roach

Radio Shack pulling a scam???

Post by Roach »

Radio Shack is selling a Bushnell Radar Gun 10-1900, the package says it is the Speedster, series II. But, when you look at the unit, it is REALY a Velocity model. ( The Velocity is less expensive ) This is not the same as the Speedster.

Bushnell doesn't list this model, but does show the Speedster, and the Velocity on its website.. The Radio Shack unit looks just like the Velocity.

Caveat Emptor

If anyone know more about this product, let me know please.

FYI
Also, checking the "on line vendors" there are two vendors, who look like they are the same, offering the units with multiple power options.. One of the vendors, has obvious errors in their ad prices. Why Bushnell would allow this to happen has been questioned directly to the company. I will wait to see what their response is.
Mike

Re: Radio Shack pulling a scam???

Post by Mike »

RadioShack is good at scams, thats why. Look at the prices on their electronics components.

This doesn't suprise me somehow...
josmith

Post by josmith »

Sounds like Bushnell is scamming RS.
Roach

Post by Roach »

You know, you could be correct. Bushnell is selling this "new" device to some other questionable retailers..

But,,keep in mind, Radio Shack proabably has a team of buyers, and lawyers, who have reviewed the product offerings to make sure that any product liablity is kept to a minimun. Plus, one would think that the team would have verified the products specs as well, in order to protect its customers..

When you look at the directions, and the unit itself, there are no indications as to what model it is, AT ALL... The picture in the multi linqual brochure shows the pix of a Velocity unit... SO,,, let RS figure it out.

<small>[ November 25, 2005, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Treasure Hunter ]</small>
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Sounds like the same thing Kodak and Canon did a couple years ago. I bought my brothers digital cameras for Christmas. I could find SIMILAR cameras at the local stores. For instance Canon had a 3.2MP camera. At one store it would be model 32XYZ. At a different store it would be 32ZYX. At a third it would be 32WXY. The same camera more or less at all the stores; except the model number. When you would try and do a price match the stores claimed it was a different model. The same type of thing would happen with Kodak models. In short it was a clever way of getting around the so called price match guarantee. (This so seldom works anymore that I don't bother. The stores try sooooo hard to get out of this so called guarantee. About the only place that actually honors this is Sears; or so I've found.)

With TVs and VCR/DVD players this was not nearly as bad. Model numbers nearly always the same.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!